This 1-day workshop is designed to assist Aboriginal staff in developing skills to address additional cultural complexities, and maintain well-being whilst working within a health or community services setting.
Course topics include:
- Developing an Understanding of Differing Communication Styles
- Identifying Problems and Personal Reactions
- Learning About Conflict and How to Reach Positive Outcomes
- Gaining an Understanding Around Assessing Risk, and Implementing Safe Work Practices
- Understanding Vicarious Trauma and it’s Effects
- Developing Personal Skills to Manage Emotions Around Constantly Working With Individuals/Families With Differing Levels of Functioning