This 1-dday workshop is designed to assist Aboriginal staff in developing skills to address additional cultural complexities and maintain well-being whilst working within a health or community services setting.
Course topics include:
- Developing an Understanding of Different Communication Styles
- Identifying Problems and Personal Reactions
- Learning About Conflict and How to Reach Positive Outcomes
- Gaining an Understanding Around Assessing Risk and Safe Work Practices
- Understanding Vicarious Trauma and It’s Effects
- Developing Personal Skills to Manage Emotions Around Constantly Working With Individuals/Families With Differing Levels of Functioning